Your wine is your creation.
You’ve spent years perfecting your craft and carefully unveiling your newest creation to friends and family and now you want to sell more wine. Your customers should appreciate your wine as much as you do and authentic one-to-one direct sales for the wine industry can create this customer relationship.
One-to-one Direct Sales can take many forms so there is no cookie-cutter approach. You may know exactly what you want, or not have a clue. But the first step is always the same – look internally at your existing database for clues what will be successful in the future. After looking at your price point, where your wine is in its life cycle, your customer and your resources, we may develop a Marketing Plan entirely unique to you based on your needs.
In addition to strategy, we can take it as far into tactics as you want to, but like a good wine, it is smart to spend some time at the foundation and look at your tools and operational structure before jumping into email campaigns and events.
So, while we may not know what is best to you to start with, one could segment Direct Marketing support to wineries into four areas – Database Strategy, Website Development, and Customer Tactics both Digital and Non-Digital.
Database Analysis and Segmentation
- Segmentation analysis – who buys and who doesn’t, customer touchpoint analysis and recommendations, lifetime value
- Dashboard creation – metrics at winery, on website and in social media, with key index to show improvement
- Database Growth and Development – based on segmentation and dashboards, suggestion of what is working and growth
- System analysis and recommendation – requirement review with staff, incorporation of legacy systems, vetting of vendors
- Documentation and Training – manuals, training, implementation, customization and company wide implementation
- Data hygiene, NCOA, National DNM (do not mail) list, deduping, bounces, missing address campaigns
Website Channel Development
- Website audits for best practices and web 2.0 functionality, usability and interactivity with recommended changes
- System analysis and recommendation – requirement review, incorporation of legacy systems and vetting of vendors
- International development of shopping carts, fulfillment and translation agencies
- Development and ongoing management of website, e-commerce, fulfillment
- Google analytics set up and reporting on routine bases with recommendations
Other Digital Channel Development
- Email offer creation and campaign development
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, You Tube and Vimeo site creation
- Dashboard creation and metrics for monthly monitoring of success
- Building audiences and engaging, listening and talking
- Asset creation for social media, including videos, photography, and blog posts
Non-Digital Customer Channel Development
- Wine Club newsletter creation and distribution
- Events and data capture
- On-premise representation and sales
- Coordination with outbound vendors
While being authentic usually means creating your own assets (blogs, pictures, newsletters) at the winery employees, I am able to work on your behalf and have a virtual posse of printers, writers, designers, photographers and videographers to draw from. I am also available to represent your winery as a Certified Sommelier or Specialist in Wine both in-person and online if needed. I also have a professional wine storage room at my home office and can hold and distribute wines for events, tastings and local pourings.